Over the past few weeks, the South China Morning Post has been closely monitoring and evaluating the situation around COVID-19 to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our attendees, exhibitors and speakers. As a result, we have made the difficult but important decision to postpone the Kindergartens Festival 2020 to Saturday, June 20 at the JW Marriott, Hong Kong. Learn More
Updated May 26, 2020
Health measures taken by the Organiser
1. All guests (including exhibitors) are required to undergo a temperature check at the event entrance. Any person with a temperature of or over 37 degrees celsius will be denied entry.
2. All guests (including exhibitors) must complete a health declaration form before their arrival. Admission is not allowed if they fail to complete this form or confirm the matters as set out in this form.
3. All guests will be divided into three sessions for crowd control purposes.
4. Any guests who are under mandatory quarantine or wearing electronic wristband are denied entry.
5. No guests are allowed to bring a child aged under 12 to the event.
6. All guests are required to wear a mask at all times during the event.
7. There will be 1.5 metre of distance queuing arrangement at registration.
8. The organiser will arrange hand sanitizers at the registration desk.
9. No eating is allowed at the event.
Health measures taken by the hotel, JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong (JW)
1. Clean the facilities, tables and chairs on a regular basis.
2. JW's main entrance, escalator handrails, door handles, handles and elevators buttons will be cleaned and sterilized every 2 hours with diluted bleach.
3. There will be cleaning staff on-duty to clean and sterilize all toilets regularly during the event.
4. Hotel staff will deny entry to any person with an electronic wristband or under compulsory quarantine. In case of any violation, security guards will report to the police immediately.
5. There will be covered rubbish bins for disposal masks in the event area.
For exhibitors, please adopt the following precautions measures
1. Upon arrival, all on-duty staff are required to undergo a temperature check, complete a health declaration form and wear a mask.
2. All exhibition booth must be at least 1.5 metres apart from each other.
3. A maximum of 2 on-duty staff and 6 visitors can visit any one booth at any one time.
4. Please provide hand sanitizers and disinfectant sprays at each exhibitor's booth.
5. No eating is allowed at exhibition booth or event area.
Updated May 26, 2020
The South China Morning Post cares a lot about your safety in attending our events. In view of the current public events, we will work closely with JW Marriott Hotel and monitor situations in and around Admiralty. In the event that there are unexpected protests or roadblocks during the event that may compromise your safety, we will be making announcements onsite and may close the event early.
We would like to draw your attention to the following important information:
A. JW Marriott Hotel is accessible by bus, taxi and the Admiralty MTR
B. If the roads are blocked, you may take the MTR
C. If MTR service is suspended or there are disruptions at the nearby Pacific Place (shopping mall), we strongly recommend that you stay inside the hotel area until it's safe to leave
2. There are three exits which you can leave the JW Marrott Hotel
A. Hotel main entrance exit to Justice Drive
B. Exit near registration counter to Pacific Place
C. Take the escalator to LG/F to Pacific Place and then to Admiralty MTR station
3. SCMP Events Team will closely monitor the public event's progress on the event day.
In case there are potential risks that spread to Admiralty, SCMP may consider and will reserve the right to continue or terminate the Festival earlier than scheduled.
4. In case of early closure of the Festival, SCMP will announce the decision via the following channels:
A. Onsite announcements to all the exhibitors as well as delegates
B. Post on the event website https://www.kindergartensfestival.com
We seek your understanding in the emergency procedure as outlined above, and apologise in advance for any inconvenience that this may cause. SCMP puts your safety and comfort as our top priorities, and we will do all we can to make your participation as productive and meaningful as possible.
If you have any feedback on this or about the Festival, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you at the JW Marriott Hotel.
Admission to the exhibition area only
the exhibition area
Entry to one Info session / Panel discussion
South China Morning Post is a leading global news company that has reported on China and Asia for more than a century. Founded in 1903, SCMP is headquartered in Hong Kong, where it is the city’s newspaper of record, with a growing correspondent staff across Asia and the United States. SCMP's vision is to “Elevate Thought” and our mission is to “Lead the global conversation about China”. Additionally, SCMP publishes a portfolio of premium lifestyle and fashion titles in Hong Kong including Cosmopolitan,ELLE, Esquire and, Harper’s BAZAAR. SCMP is also home to Abacus, a digital news brand focused on China's tech industry; Inkstone, a daily news brief for those curious about China's growing impact around the world; and Goldthread, a content platform with a focus on food, travel and culture in China.